Minimum wage increase in the city of Alameda
This minimum wage rate applies equally to all employees, regardless of the size of the employer. Are you prepared? At a minimum be sure to do the following...
Pay all minimum wage employees working in the city of Alameda the new wage for all hours beginning July 1, 2019.
Post a copy of the official notice next to your CA / Federal required labor law postings. For a copy of the notice and more information see here.
If you don't have a CA / Federal labor law poster or it is out of date, let us know and we can help you with that.
Other Important Things to Know:
* Tips or commissions cannot be included as part of the $13.50 per hour
* You may not eliminate, decrease or increase the cost of current employee benefits
* Payroll records need to be maintained for four years and available for City review
* You may not retaliate against workers who assert their rights under the ordinance
* Fines may be incurred if you are out of compliance with this ordinance
For more information about the ordinance visit alamedaca.gov/minimumwage or call the City of Alameda Commumity Development Department at 510-747-6897